Monday, December 3, 2007

Today was a good day....


Ok, so today as a really good day... As you guys read earlier today, we had what we call here a "shitstorm" all day long... Snow, wind and slippery roads were all present, and winter is rearing it's ugly head sooner than usual, this year....


I woke up as my carpooling driver, MJ, called and said her kid's school was closed due to snow... I then looked out my window and saw that a slight little breezer the night before had turned into a fully fledged snowstorm for the ages.... So, I took the bus, thinking: "Ok, I might end up being a couple hours late, but I'll get there..."..As I was walking the only stretch I have to walk through, the bridge over the Milles-Iles River, I faintly heard my cellphone ringing in my pocket, over the blowing, freezing wind... It was MJ calling me to say the company I work for had closed for the day....


Now, some might have been pissed at getting up and walking in sleety snow for no reason, but I relished in two things:

1- I hate winter, and that's a fact, but I couldn't help but marvel at nature's beauty and fierceness, all mixed into a powerful display of a white, improvised ballet.... and

2- No working today!!!!


So I waited for the bus to take me back home from the bridge and climbed back happily in between the warm sheets and let sleep win me over in it's sweet embrace....


The day was spent playing Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, watching movies and vedging out indoors, as we got a whopping (im sorta guessing here) 60 cms of snow, at least.....


So, the day ends on a good feeling of nothing accomplished....;-)..Post you guys soon....

No comments: